Last Modified May 24 2018
When this policy mentions “Orlando Vacation Homes,” “we,” “us,” or “our” it refers to the overarching Orlando Vacation Homes, which includes but is not limited to OrlandoVacationHomes.com.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or Vacation Rental Homes that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org or https://cookiesandyou.com/
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- User communications When you send email or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Other Sites
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Booking Information that we collect to fulfill a Vacation Rental Reservation placed through the Site (including processing your payment information when arranging for a Vacation Rental Stay, and providing you with invoices and/or reservation confirmations). Additionally, we use this Booking Information to:
- Communicate with you
- Screen our bookings for potential risk or fraud
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Access, Improve and Develop OrlandoVacationHomes.com
- Enable you to access and use OrlandoVacationHomes.com
- Operate, protect, improve, and optimize OrlandoVacationHomes.com, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- Provide customer service; responding to your questions or comments.
- Send you service or support messages, updates, and Reservation notifications.
Here is a summary of the Technology used in our site:
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)
We use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) on our website in order to maintain encrypted communication across the web. Our usage of SSL technology ensures that all data transmitted remains secure.
We will protect the quality and integrity of your personally identifiable information. We have implemented appropriate technical and managerial procedures to maintain a high level of security. We will make a sincere effort to respond to your requests to correct personal information inaccuracies in a timely manner.
We publish reviews from our past guests if agreed to do it in accordance with our policies. These reviews are pulled dynamically from our booking engine system and approved by our Concierge team.
In order to promote our business and our services, we use Google Adwords advertising campaigns.
We use Mailchimp® to send news, promotions and information about the company. We use Zendesk chat to provide customer support. We use Optin Monster for Onsite exclusive promotions.
The Booking process in this site and the corresponding transaction is performed by LiveRez and is PCI compliant.
Server Telemetry (Third Party Servers Communication)
We have affiliates connected to our site through our Vacation Rental Software.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not share your personal information with others except as indicated below:
- Our Affiliate Companies and agents;
- Property owners and/or owner agents when a reservation is booked;
- Service providers, such as email service providers or credit-card payment processors, performing services on our behalf;
- Other third parties in limited circumstances, such as complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, and protecting the safety of our users.
- We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/
You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting the following links:
You can opt out of Analytics and feedback here: Google Analytics
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information is corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order/booking through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States. We are a United States based corporation.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Booking Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.